General Terms and Conditions of Use
The term "Butikken Ltd" or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website. Our full details are given below.Please use these details if you need to contact us. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website.
200 Upper Richmond Road West
London SW14 8AN
VAT number: GB161890301
Registered in England
Tel: (+44) 020 8876 1322
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose.
- You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You must only use this Website for lawful purposes, and you must not use it in a way that infringes the rights of anyone else or that restricts or inhibits anyone else's enjoyment of the Website.
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Butikken Ltd'sprior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and any activities that occur under your account. Butikken Ltd shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by you to protect your password or account.
Damage to your computer or other device
Butikken Ltd uses reasonable efforts to ensure that this Website is free from viruses and other malicious or harmful content. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this Website (including any content on it or any website accessible from it) will not cause damage to your computer or other device. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the right equipment (including antivirus software) to use the Website safely and to screen out anything that may damage or harm your computer or other device. Except where required by applicable law, Butikken Ltd shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage they suffer as a result of viruses or other malicious or harmful content that they access from or via the Website.
Exclusion of liability
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information on this Website is correct. However, we do not guarantee the correctness or completeness of material on this Website. Neither we nor any other party (whether or not involved in producing, maintaining or delivering this Website), shall be liability or responsible for any kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party as a result of your or their use of our website. This exclusion shall include servicing or repair costs and, without limitation, any other direct, indirect or consequential loss.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that this Website is available 24 hours every day, 365 days per year. However, websites do sometimes encounter downtime due to server and, other technical issues. Therefore we will not be liable if this website is unavailable at any time.
General Terms and Conditions of Sale
These general terms and conditions of sale apply to any order you place through website at www.butikken.co.uk (the "Website"). You must read these General Terms and Conditions of Sale carefully. By placing an order through the Website, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to these General Terms and Conditions of Sale in their entirety. If you do not agree to these General Terms and Conditions of Sale in their entirety, you must not order any product or service through the Website.
Product and Service Descriptions
Images of products on this website are for illustrative purposes only. Your goods may vary slightly from the image shown on the website and will not include any of the pictured accessories, unless stated in the specification of the goods. Whilst goods may be shown assembled they may require assembly by you.
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on this website. However, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the actual goods. Whilst we try to be as accurate as possible, all information provided is approximate and is provided in good faith.
Making a contract with us
When you place an order with us, you are making an offer to buy goods. If you supplied us with your email address when entering your payment details (or if you have a registered account with us), we will notify you by email as soon as possible to confirm that we have received your order.
The completion of the online checkout process does not constitute our acceptance of your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place only when we dispatch the product(s) or commencement of the services that you ordered from us.
All card payments are subject to authorization by your card issuer.
In the unlikely event that the goods are no longer available, or that we have made a pricing mistake, we will advise you of this. You will not receive an e-mail confirming acceptance of your order, and there will be no contract between us.
How to place order
You can use our website to place an order by selecting the product you wish to buy and adding it to your basket. Items you do not require can be removed from your basket at any time. If you prefer to order by telephone you can do so by calling the number above.
- Carriage charges will be shown prior to you placing your order.
- You will be required to pay for the goods in full at the time of ordering.
- We use secure payment facilities for online purchases. You can pay for your order by Visa, Mastercard, Delta/Connect or American Express.
- Promotional prices only apply during the period stated.
- All prices quoted on our website are in UK pounds and include Value Added Tax at the current rate.
- Once your order has been confirmed, changes may not be possible or may incur additional charges or delays.
- Once your order is complete we will notify you of the dispatch date.
Delivery & Carriage Charges
Delivery charges and timescales vary depending on the type of products ordered, the service you select and the delivery address.
- Goods will normally be dispatched from our warehouse within 1-3 working days and any estimated dispatch date is an estimate, which can change without notice.
- We will normally deliver goods within 3 -5 working days of dispatch.
- Your order may arrive in more than one delivery.
- We can deliver our products anywhere in mainland Great Britain and Republic of Ireland. Unfortunately we do not deliver to the Channel Islands or the Highlands/Islands of Scotland, however we are able to deliver to a mainland courier company on your behalf for onward shipping.
- We will deliver the goods to the premises you specify on your order. You must be at home to accept delivery of your order, which is normally between 9:00am and 6:00pm Monday-Friday.
- We will not accept responsibility for loss or damage if you instruct the delivery company to leave the goods unattended.
- All risk in the products you order (including risk of loss and/or damage to the products) shall pass to you when they are delivered to the delivery address specified in your order.
- Some of our products are heavy and you may be required to assist the driver in offloading your order.
- Disposal of packing materials is your responsibility.
- After two failed delivery attempts (or if you are not at home for an agreed delivery) the goods may be returned to the warehouse and we reserve the right to charge you an additional re-delivery charge.
- If you change the delivery address once the goods have been dispatched to you, we reserve the right to pass on any extra charges made by our carriers for redirecting your delivery.
- Please check the goods on delivery - any goods found to be missing or damaged should be notified to the delivery driver at the time of delivery or ourselves within a reasonable time.
- If the goods are lost or damaged in transit, please let us know promptly.
- Deliveries are made to a ground floor entrance only and on the condition that there is reasonable access for the safe and prompt delivery of the goods. You should tell us about any special delivery requirements or conditions when you place your order.
- We shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver products if the delay or failure is wholly or partly caused by circumstances beyond our control (i.e. accidents, breakdowns, fire, flood, storm, severe weather, acts of god, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage or the default of our suppliers).
- Time is not the essence of the contract unless expressly stated otherwise in writing by a Director of the Company.
- Free delivery is available on orders where the goods cost more than £50.
- In the UK, delivery charge refunds can only be made in accordance with your legal rights under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and other applicable legislation. For further information about your legal rights contact your local authority Trading Standards department or consumer advice centre (for example the Citizen's Advice Bureau for UK customers).
Cancellation and returns
This policy does not apply to goods ordered by businesses which are exempt from the Distance Selling Regulations, or any items which have been specifically ordered or personalized or modified to your specification.
- Unwanted items can be returned (with a valid receipt) for exchange or full refund.To exercise your right to cancel an order you must e-mail, fax or write to us within 7 days after the day of delivery. We are unable to accept cancellations by phone.
- You do not have to give any reason for cancellation. However, a brief explanation will help us to improve the service we offer to customers in the future.
- Where we deliver products to a third party in accordance with your order, you will only be able to exercise this cancellation right if you can return the goods to us (or arrange for us to collect them).
- If you cancel, you must return the goods within 14 days of cancellation, complete with the original packaging to us (address specified above), at your own expense. You must ensure that the goods are packaged adequately to protect against damage.
- If you fail to return the goods, we will collect them, and we will charge you the direct cost of collection. If you fail to take reasonable care of the goods before they are returned to us, and this results in damage or deterioration, we will charge you for the reduction in value.
- Business customers, or customers exempt from the distance selling regulations may not cancel an order without our mutual agreement.
This cancellation policy does not affect your legal rights - for example, if goods are faulty or improperly described.
Faulty Goods / Guarantee
If there is a problem with the goods, please notify us by email or in writing providing details of the problem. It would be helpful if you can provide us with a digital photograph of the problem as this normally saves you having to return the goods for inspection. We will deal with the matter in accordance with your legal rights.
If an exchange is necessary, this will be arranged without unreasonable delay and without charge. Replacement goods will not be dispatched until the original goods have been received at our warehouse and checked.
The cost of returning goods to us is your responsibility, however on inspection we will refund your reasonable postage costs, providing that the goods are found to be faulty. If the goods are not faulty, we will return them to you, however you will be required to cover our reasonable postage costs.
If an item is no longer available we will offer an alternative. However our liability will be to replace the faulty goods only and we are unable to guarantee an exact match. In this instance you will have the option of a refund.
In the case of refunds for faulty items, if the faulty item constituted the entire order or if all items delivered were faulty or damaged, the original delivery charge will be repaid. We will also refund the cost of returning the item via their local post office up to a maximum cost of GB £10.00 per kg if a receipt is supplied.
The products sold on this website have been designed to comply with all relevant UK legislation. We cannot warrant or represent that they comply with any legal requirement outside the UK.
We do not accept liability for any consequential loss of profit or indirect losses.
Trade or Business Customers
The following conditions apply to orders placed by Trade or Business Customers.
Orders may not be cancelled except with our mutual agreement and having been confirmed in writing by a Director or our company. We reserve the right to make cancellation and/or re-stocking charges.
Claims for missing or damaged items must be made within 2 days of delivery.
Law and Jurisdiction
This Legal Notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any dispute(s) arising in connection with this Legal Notice are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of England and Wales.